A published author, novelist, literary critic and screenwriter for a quarter of a quarter-century more than a quarter-century, Hart Williams has lived in the American West for his entire life. Having grown up in Wyoming, Kansas and New Mexico, a survivor of Texas and a veteran of Hollywood — where he worked in radio, television and films in addition to print — Mr. Williams currently lives in Oregon, along with an astonishing amount of pollen.
He has written for (among others) the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the Kansas City Star, the Los Angeles Herald-Examiner (RIP), the Portland Oregonian, the Santa Fe Sun, Oui magazine, New West magazine, the Eugene Register-Guard, the Eugene (OR) Weekly, the Orange County Register and the Los Angeles Free Press (RIP). imDb lists him as a screenwriter.
His blog is frequently featured on Crooks and Liars’ Blog Roundup, Salon’s Blog Roundups (before the feature was discontinued), has been cross-posted on The Democratic Daily, Preemptive Karma, etc., and cited in fora too numerous to mention. His posts are frequently seen on Memeorandum and sometimes seen on The Atlantic Wire. He is a regular guest voice on The Moderate Voice. Mr. Williams has been — and continues to be — a practitioner of acoustic and electric journalism.
If you really want to know why he’s a writer and how he started, read “The Bison Tenniel – An Origin Story.”
And if you want to know about the time a Dick Cheney who still had hair screamed four letter words at him, his brother and his dad, read: Once a Dick, Always a Dick
- Contact: Webmaster (AT) hartwilliams (DOT) com
…….Flag the message with three “Q”s –
QQQ — in the SUBJECT line.
(or he may not see your message
for a couple of weeks)
- Sean Hannity sometimes mistakes him for Ann Coulter
- Ted Nugent lives in fear of him.
- World Net Daily doesn’t like the questions he asks.
- Visit his 1996 Internet World’s Fair Gold Medal website @ www.hartwilliams.com.
- Visit his Radio page (he was a regular on KOPT AirAmerica radio 2005-2007)
- Visit his three blog archives, Skiing Uphill, Boregasm and Zug …
- and this blog’s sister site, The Commonwealth of Blogistan. (inactive, presently)
- Snacks may be purchased in the lobby. (sic)
And, while he would be doing this with or without compensation (rather than sit in the limbo of Writing Industry upheaval), commercial inquiries are always welcomed.